Re: Guile in Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Guile in Emacs
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:02:30 -0400

Common Lisp is extremely complicated and ugly.  When I wrote GNU Emacs
I had just finished implementing Common Lisp, and I did not like it
much.  It would bloat Emacs terribly, and documenting it would be hard
too.

Scheme is elegant, and it is a better direction to move in.

Since we have our own Scheme implementation, we should use that one.
If it has a serious disadvantage, we should do something about that.
There are various things that might be right to do, but simply
disregarding it in the case of Emacs cannot be right.