Re: Next pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Next pretest
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:51:58 -0400

Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/13/2010 11:30 AM, Chong Yidong wrote:
>> I plan to make the 23.1.96 pretest next Monday, April 19.
>
> There's still a pending Cygwin patch that I proposed a while ago:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-01/msg01128.html
>
> Could you apply that?

In the future, please send patches to the bug tracker, so that they do
not get lost.  Thanks.

In the previous email, you said

> Even though Dave Korn's advice about libraries turned out to be
> irrelevant for this issue, I still think it would be wise to follow
> it.  The attached patch accomplishes this.

Could you explain what you mean by "wise"?  Does the patch fix an actual
bug (e.g. inability to compile), or is it just for cleanliness?  If the
latter, the patch should go in the trunk.