Re: Guile in Emacs

From: christian.lynbech
Subject: Re: Guile in Emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:49:17 +0200

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Clough <address@hidden> writes:

Jeff> It is also important for that information to be available in one place.

I agree that Emacs should come with all relevant documentation bundled
up as part of the package, but I can not see that this is the same as
everything necessarily has to sit inside (the moral equivalent of) one
single gigantic texinfo file.

There will need to be easy acces to the reference just as we get today
easily can get from the documentation of a function to its source
definition and there should probably be some top-level entry points with
proper reading guidance just as the editing library manual should of
course link to the language manual where relevant.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - address@hidden (Michael A. Petonic)