Re: Guile in Emacs

From: christian.lynbech
Subject: Re: Guile in Emacs
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:27:46 +0200

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Clough <address@hidden> writes:

Jeff> Neither do I, but what we have today works.  That's what I'm for.  Don't
Jeff> fix what isn't broken.  Or, more appropriately, don't fix what Emacs
Jeff> seems to be the only application to do *right*.

Well, something needs to be done if emacs changes extension language.

Either we accept keeping the language documentation in a separate
document such we can use what the language platform already provides
*or* we duplicate the work done by the language platform in order to
integrate the language documentation into the emacs specific reference
manual.

The latter option both incurs an initial significant cost plus a
continued burden of maintenance to keep the emacs manual in synch with
the language platform.

It does not strike me as a good way of spending volunteer resources.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - address@hidden (Michael A. Petonic)