Re: VC and bzr.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC and bzr.
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:58:29 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:52:13 +0200
>
> Both `bzr log' and `git log --first-parent' are screwed by the workflow
>
> merge from trunk into my feature branch
> then, push to trunk

Unless you work on a feature for a very long time (months), there
should be no reasons for the "merge from trunk" part.

For example, I committed a few days ago 3-weeks worth of development
on a local branch, with no interim merges from mainline whatsoever.
When I merged back to the trunk, before committing to repository, I
had only 2 merge conflicts (one of them in ChangeLog, which cannot be
avoided, but is trivially fixed).

Perhaps we should modify the instructions on the wiki slightly, to
make the workflow slightly less annoying due to frequent slow commits
and at the same time avoid screwing up what "bzr log" shows on the
mainline.