Re: Frame ordering

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Frame ordering
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:47:14 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:29 PM, David Reitter <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:
>>
>> What is the reason not to let the window handler do this job? Why
>> should Emacs do it?
>
> Absolutely.  Up to now I've been going by the comment quoted elsewhere in
> this thread, stating that we'd have to do it ourselves.

Was not what you shown (Command-Tab switching) what the window handler
on OS X does? If so then trying to interfere with that is probably a
bad idea (and is prevented actively by at least w32).

Of course internal Emacs frame switching must be handled in Emacs. I
have personally never used any command inside Emacs for frame
switching, but I can see such needs. (One of those is for example
letting C-x 5 0 show the next Emacs frame instead of what the window
manager chooses if a window manager command is used to close the
frame.)