Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:21:08 +0200

On Friday 06 August 2010 07:22:14 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>  > Maybe using CapsLock as the default META would be good?
>
> Dunno.  I wouldn't find that useful.

Ditto.

> I use CapsLock as JapaneseLock, and presumably the person who
> suggested it to me does it too, so it might be common practice to bind
> it to an input method switcher.

I use it as additional Control key (which is pretty common IMO), and
basically I don't use the left and right "real" Control keys at all, so
those would be free.  But the usual Alt seems more convenient to me.
(And for all things window manager related, I use the Super [windows]
key.)

I think it is much better to configure those things globally for X
instead of inside emacs.  I guess, anyone who wants to press C with
CapsLock wants to do that in all apps, and it's the same for Alt/Meta or
sticky modifier keys...

Bye,
Tassilo