Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:32:23 +0100

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

 > > Like Juanma, I also don't know why it is essential to use the Windows
 > > key as meta.
> > +1. But maybe I'm missing something.

It's not essential, but I really appreciate having Meta on the outside
(where my little finger can press it).  It's also nice in X because of
the number of window managers that willy-nilly steal Alt for their own
use.

I agree. After having thought about for a day, I realize that it is a perfectly logical thing to map Windows keys to Meta. It is wasted keyboard real estate otherwise.

Juanma, can this go on the TODO list?

Cheers,
Uday