Re: NextStep (OSX) install not quite right in HEAD

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: NextStep (OSX) install not quite right in HEAD
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:50:36 -0700

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <address@hidden> writes:

Randal> Ahh, but try "touch lisp/xml.el".

Randal> It doesn't properly update the dumped lisp, even on "make
Randal> install".

Or maybe it does, but doesn't update the build date.

The problem is that if I build "clean bootstrap" on tuesday, I get
tuesday's date baked in to "emacs-version".  But if I just build "all"
today, it still show's tuesday's date.

What I haven't tested is whether or not the lisp was actually updated,
even though the old date is still baked in.

Maybe it's just the date that needs to be fixed.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>