Re: Problems with xml-parse-string

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Problems with xml-parse-string
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:26:28 +0200

Wojciech Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

>> It's fiddly to work with.
>
> Can you elaborate?

Did you look at my code example?  Did you see how unfiddly it was?

In any case, if the problem here is that we have a different interface
for the xml parsing already in place -- I just added xml-parse-buffer to
xml.c as an afterthought, since it was trivial to do.  I don't care
about xml parsing per se.  My point was to have the sloppy real-world
html-parse-buffer interface available from Emacs, and we don't have any
equivalent Emacs Lisp code available (that I know of) that is has to be
compatible with.

So if we drop the xml-parse-* thing from xml.c, can we go back to
bikeshedding about important things like `C-d', and I can get on with
implementing the HTML renderer?  (With the DOM as I wanted it to be.)

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen