Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101633: Add fd handling with cal

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101633: Add fd handling with callbacks to select, dbus needs it for async operation.
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 04:40:44 -0400

> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:23:10 +0200
> From: =?UTF-8?B?SmFuIERqw6Rydg==?= <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> So why are there an #ifdef subprocesses in
> add/delete_keyboard_wait_descriptor?  The only thing they do is
> manipulate data that goes to select.

Because the variables they use are only defined under
"#ifdef subprocesses", see the beginning of process.c.  The
alternative was to have more #ifdef's at the beginning of process.c or
reshuffle the beginning some more, and I didn't feel at the time it
was justified, given the possible breakage of various platforms I
could never test on.  There's too much unportable stuff in process.c,
so I prefer not to mess with that unless strictly necessary.