Re: rainbow-mode

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: rainbow-mode
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:11:04 +0900

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

 > I'm not quite sure what you mean to say here.  Is it "this is something
 > that so many people want in Emacs that it's been partially reimplemented
 > half a dozen times"?

IIRC, the most recent discussion concluded that none of the half-
implemented modes is good enough, especially given the nice features
in the other half-implemented modes, and nobody stepped up to the
plate to merge them, document the result, and make sure the result
conforms to coding standards etc.