Re: rainbow-mode

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: rainbow-mode
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:50:25 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> Plus Chong Yidong explained in this thread and in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/127873/focus=128245

I've read the thread.  There was discussion, Julien added stuff to
rainbow-mode as suggested, and then Chong said "I've added rainbow-mode
to the Emacs 24 package repository.", and that ended the discussion.
Is that an unfair summation of that thread?

> FWIW my vote is still for rainbow-mode.el as follows: I think it's most
> useful in its current form out of all the contenders.  I would put it in
> the core Emacs because editing CSS and HTML (plus other languages with
> inlined colors) is so common.  The color transformation functions it has
> are generally useful.  I would also give it first-class customization
> variables so it's really easy to turn it on.  Finally, it's pretty
> unlikely to undergo big changes at this point.

I agree 100%.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen