Re: The window-pub branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: The window-pub branch
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:25:19 -0500

>> E.g. Ediff could have somewhere
>>
>> (define-display-buffer-class 'ediff
>> 'ediff-a 'ediff-b 'ediff-ancestor 'ediff-control)
>>
>> Or maybe such symbols could simply be predicates (simpler to implement
>> and more general).

> I'm still too silly to understand how to use that order in
> `display-buffer' :-(  Can you enlighten me?

Hmm... here I finally realize maybe I'm talking about something
completely different.  I was thinking of special-display-buffer-names
rather than display-buffer-names.  I.e. I was thinking of a setting like

  (setq special-display-buffer-names
        '((ediff (same-frame . t))))

Which would make the (same-frame . t) apply to all display-buffer calls
that specify `ediff-a' or `ediff-b' or `ediff-ancestor', ...

        Stefan