RE: Elisp implementation of list-processes (and: Why islist-processes im

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Elisp implementation of list-processes (and: Why islist-processes implemented in C?)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:16:02 -0800

> It should probably go into subr.el.  Yes, it's a large file,
> but that's not really a problem.  The only real problem with
> it is that this file can't use CL macros (because CL macros
> use functions defined in subr.el).

What about breaking out those functions used by CL macros into their own file?
That way other stuff in the file can use CL macros.  Otherwise it seems like
you're working with a pretty artificial limitation.

(Are those functions used _only_ by CL macros?  I'd guess not, otherwise we
would already have put them in their own file with a `cl-' prefix.)