Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:40:13 -0400

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) the current Gnus bug reporting setup doesn't work well and is not
> highly visible
>
> 2) the Emacs bug tracker has better functionality
>
> 3) people already report Gnus bugs to Emacs since it's part of Emacs
>
> This would involve changes to `M-x gnus-bug' and the Gnus manual.

I don't think such a change would involve changes to gnus-bug.  Have you
read the "Using the GNU Bug Tracker" page that Glenn Morris wrote?

  http://debbugs.gnu.org/Using.html

As explained there, the usual way to use the Emacs bug tracker is for it
to take over address@hidden

One problem, though, is that up to now we've only ever set up the bug
tracker for @gnu.org mailing lists.  ISTR that the list traffic is
redirected to debbugs.gnu.org simply via a rule in the FSF mail server,
which might not work for handling a non-gnu.org list.  Glenn, do you
recall the details?