Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:32:13 -0400

Chong Yidong wrote:

> One problem, though, is that up to now we've only ever set up the bug
> tracker for @gnu.org mailing lists.  ISTR that the list traffic is
> redirected to debbugs.gnu.org simply via a rule in the FSF mail server,
> which might not work for handling a non-gnu.org list.  Glenn, do you
> recall the details?

As I try to explain on http://debbugs.gnu.org/Using.html, these kinds of
changes are not essential to be able to use debbugs, but I wrote the
technical details in admin/notes/bugtracker.

It requires a mail router rule. A simple alias will not suffice, and
would probably cause an infinite loop. An equivalent router rule would
have to be implemented by whoever controls gnus.org mail.