Re: Change to bzr build instructions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change to bzr build instructions
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:08:19 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:03:52 +0100
>
> Because one can presumably use
>
>     bzr git-apply
>
> or
>
>     bzr git-import
>
> in order to get automated move information from a local git mirror into
> Bazaar if one wants to avoid remembering to specify moves manually each
> time?

If you have bzr-git installed, you can simply say "bzr merge" or "bzr
pull".

IOW, that plugin makes git repositories first-class bzr citizens
(except that "bzr push" doesn't work yet, so you can only use the git
repo in read-only mode).  I actually use this to track several git
repositories, and my experience is very good, with a single exception:
the original "bzr branch" command is painfully slow for repositories
with many revisions, because the step that computes bzr metadata from
git takes a very long time (I filed a bug report about that).