Re: Binding M-n and M-p to forward-paragraphandbackward-paragraphrespect

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: Binding M-n and M-p to forward-paragraphandbackward-paragraphrespectively
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 22:31:05 +0200

07/04/11 20:29, Sean Sieger
> "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     No.  These keys are explicitly bound in the minibuffer maps.
>
> Thannk you.

I've got this bound globally as well. It just makes sense with the
global idea that C- is for atomic movements, and M- for group
movement. When I first learnt about movement in emacs, I was quite
surprised to see that those two weren't bound. Setting them as default
would not inconvenience anyone (it'd only add bindings when none are
present), and make emacs more coherent.

An issue though is that some modes bind these. For instance message-mode
uses M-n as message-display-abbrev. But in the global keymap, and in
many modes, M-n and M-p are free. And more keybindings is always a good
thing, isn't it? ;)