Re: Emacs with Cocoa/GNUstep

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs with Cocoa/GNUstep
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:30:43 -0300

> I tried Emacs.app like a year ago. I don't remember exactly what
> version. I tested it and worked (with problems and sometimes crashed).
> But currently, when I try to launch it I get the error:

The problem with the GNUstep version of Emacs is that it has never
worked satisfactorily, not noone uses it, so we never learn about
regressions, such as ones introduced by changes for Mac OS X using
features that don't work quite the same under GNUstep.
Any help in getting the GNUstep version to a usable state would be very
welcome, and subsequently to keep it usable as well, of course.

        Stefan