Re: face for non-ASCII characters

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: face for non-ASCII characters
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 10:50:46 +0900

Ted Zlatanov writes:

 > SJT> You can't (and shouldn't try to) enforce anything.
 >
 > Within GNU Emacs and the GNU ELPA, many things can (and are) enforced.
 > Obviously I'm not speaking about things outside that sphere.

Including a passel of copyleft licenses, whose justification for
existence is reaching outside that sphere; it is not obvious what you
are talking about until you say it.

 > That's even more bizarre, defining free software by someone's
 > actions.

*sigh*  There is no other way to define it than by what people are
permitted to do, ie, their actions.  What is permitted will be done,
by somebody somewhere sometime.