Re: Emacs source snapshots

From: Grigorios Bouzakis
Subject: Re: Emacs source snapshots
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 22:45:59 +0300

Jan Janak <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you use the git mirror, you may want to consider using the --depth
> cmdline option of git-clone. That option can be used to truncate the
> commit history to a specific number of commits.

I am aware of --depth. But as far as i know thats valid only for the
initial cloning. But cloning the repository a second time to update the
source tree will add  commit history since the first clone was made.
I am not entirely sure about bzr checkout --lightweight but it seems to
work the same way.

----
Greg