Re: Emacs source snapshots

From: Grigorios Bouzakis
Subject: Re: Emacs source snapshots
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:39:14 +0300

Christian Ohler <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 4/05/11 5:39, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
>> Hello, is it possible to provide frequent source snapshots of the
>> Emacs source tree?
>
> Try http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/emacs-trunk/tarball/latest .
>
> My understanding is that Hydra continuously runs make-dist for us and
> provides the most recent output at the above URL.
>
> Note that our Hydra setup is still very experimental.

Indeed, hydra seems to be generating tarballs on each commit that takes
place on the emacs repository. Thats amazing! I couldn't help noticing
though that the files in the tarball that haven't been touched by the
latest commit (or something close to that) are dated Jan 1 1970.
This seems to be the solution  closer to what i would like to be using
so far. The only issue i have with all of the presented ones (thanks for
making them BTW) is that none of them is official. As recent history
with the git repo has taught us, they might not be reliable in the long
run. In fact the git repository at savannah, which i dont know if it can
be considered more official than the others at repo.or.cz and github, is
still stalled since April 1st.
I think i'll be using hydra, at least for now.

Thank you

----
Greg