Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 01:11:56 -0400

> The same thing applies to the From Name.
> First LAST in the above example.

As I wrote earlier, gnus' summary buffer will become r2l with its
default summary line format whenever the first article's sender's
name is r2l and there are no marks, since everything before the
sender's name is neutral.

I did encounter an example shortly after I posted that.

Setting bidi-paragraph-direction to left-to-right for the Summary
buffer was indeed enough to render the buffer correctly.

I don't know whether any gnus users customize their Group and Summary
buffers to a non-English locale and would prefer a r2l buffer, but at
least for those of us in en locales setting bidi-paragraph-direction
to left-to-right in gnus' Groups and Summary buffers is the Right
Thing To Do.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6