Re: How come emacsclient --create-frame doesn't understand -geometry?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How come emacsclient --create-frame doesn't understand -geometry?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:47:05 +0100

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 06:25:41 -0500, Eli wrote:

> Emacsclient expects you to specify the geometry as an alist, not as an
> X-style geometry spec.

So '--frame-parameters' is another way of accomplishing the same goal -
specifying the geometry of a new frame.

>> Anyway, that wasn't really an answer to the question.

> It wasn't?  Why not?

What I was asking was why -geometry isn't accepted.

What you and Glenn Morris answered was something close, but slightly
different, see?

I am very happy to learn how to accomplish the goal - thank you both! -
but I'd _also_ like to know why emacsclient --create-frame doesn't
support -geometry.

If it is because it is wrong for emacsclient to do so, or because it has
been decided at some point that it mustn't, there is no point in looking
into adding that option.

If it is just because I am the only person who is too lazy to look up
the syntax for '--frame-parameters', yet still annoying enough to ask
about it, maybe there would.

I have been down the rabbithole of implementing features that only I
want, and - more importantly, others explicitly don't want, a couple of
times too many, so that is why I ask.

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Industrispionasj"                                           Adam Sjøgren
 "Appelsinfromasj"                                       address@hidden