Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:01:53 -0600

>>>>> Xu Xin <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks Yamamoto-san for the great job!

Yes, thank you very much for my favorite-of-all Emacs Mac ports!

> I updated the self-contained build of Emacs 23 Mac port with the newest
> patch emacs-23.4-mac-2.0

I've also created an easier means for distribution.  If you add the following
line to /opt/local/etc/macports/source.conf:

    http://www.newartisans.com/macports

Then you can install the latest Macport Emacs using:

    sudo port install emacs-macport

One thing to note: I've disabled file-interlocking behavior in this version
(those funny symbolic links starting with .# that get littered around),
because I find it never useful, and often annoying.  If someone really wants
it to be an option, let me know and I'll add a +interlocking variant.

John