Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:03:36 +0100

>> So if the last tab action we activated was such
>> a save we probably shouldn't highlight the associated tab.  But then
>> moving ("commuting") to the next tab will happen without visual feedback
>> from where we started moving.  Think of doing C-PgDn and the next tab is
>> a "restore window configuration" tab.
>

> In order to be able to restore a window configuration you have to save it
> first.

Which has been done as described in the text above.

>>> Every time when you commute to a tab, the lisp function associated to the
>>> 'show event is called.
>> In firefox moving to the next tab means showing the associated page.
>> What is the 'show event for "restore window configuration"?
>

> Restoring the saved window configuration, for example.

Showing another buffer in a window is reversible.  You can easily switch
back to the buffer shown before.  Restoring a window configuration is
irreversible unless you save the current configuration when restoring.
Providing such behavior via a "show" event is confusing at least.

martin