Re: The emacs_backtrace "feature"

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: The emacs_backtrace "feature"
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:05:10 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > It strikes me that we should tell the users how to enable core files,
 > in the same section of the manual.

It strikes me that you could add it to the crash report, since you're
intercepting fatal errors anyway.

Something like:

On Unix-like systems, you can enable core files with "ulimit -c unlimited."

This is useful because the first useful thing the user is going to do
(assuming emacs isn't totally bollixed) is to fire up another emacs to
make the bug report.  May as well have core files enabled for that
instance, too. :-)