Re: PATCH: num3-mode for highlighting groups of digits in long numbers

From: felix
Subject: Re: PATCH: num3-mode for highlighting groups of digits in long numbers
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:59:23 -0700

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
- Removed turn-on-num3-mode since (num3-mode) does the same anyway.
  I do see that when num3-mode is already enabled (turn-on-num3-mode) did
  nothing whereas (num3-mode) will call font-lock-fontify-buffer but if
  that's a problem, we should fix num3-mode.

the turn-on- thing is a convention from emacs 23 and earlier.  yeah, looks like it should go away, and the logic of calling (num3-mode) from lisp might need to be fixed

I'm not sure what the "-num-" prefix is meant to be and I'm not fond
of it.  If it's meant for internal functions, then please use
"num--" instead.

yeah that's my fault, I've been flipping back and forth between using -pkg- and pkg--, and at the time I wrote num3 I was using -pkg-, and I prefer pkg-- now.