Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:13:42 +0100

There is some hope then.  Thanks for following-up, appreciated.

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> It's possible that the GNU position may have softened wrt invariant
> sections and cover texts. GFDL with no invariant sections and no cover
> texts is acceptable for Debian "free" IIUC.

Sebastien, do you confirm this?

> http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Documentation.html
>
>   If your manual is not published by the FSF, and under 400 pages, you
>   can omit both cover texts.
>
> The Org manual is under 400 pages, but at ~ 250 pages it is pretty
> substantial. I do not know if it is published.

It has been published by Network-Theory:
  http://www.network-theory.co.uk/org/manual/

but AFAIK it has not been published by the FSF.

> Anyway, you need rms to answer this. If he doesn't respond anyway within
> a week or so then ask him directly about the invariant sections and
> cover texts if you want to.

I'll first wait for Sebastien's answer then ping RMS about this.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien