Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:27:18 -0800

>       "If the FSF is not the author of your manual, and if your manual is
>       under 400 pages, you can omit both cover texts."
>
> It should say, "If the FSF is the copyright holder, ask the FSF what
> to do."  I will fix that, and also think about what to do in this case.

Hi Richard,

If it is helpful, the MH-E manual is under 400 pages and carries a dual
license. This is what Eben came up with back in 1995, I think.

    Copyright © 1995, 2001-2003, 2005-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

    Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
    document under the terms of either:

    a. the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version
       published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
       Sections, with the Front-Cover texts being “A GNU Manual,” and with
       the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below. A copy of the license is
       included in the section entitled “GNU Free Documentation License.”

       (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: “You have the freedom to copy and
       modify this GNU manual. Buying copies from the FSF supports it in
       developing GNU and promoting software freedom.”

    b. the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
       Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version.
       A copy of the license is included in the section entitled “GNU
       General Public License.”

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/