Should ending successful Isearch with C-g restore the relative window po

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Should ending successful Isearch with C-g restore the relative window position?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:29:40 -0800

In a buffer with multiple occurrences of "the", position the window so that one
of the occurrences is near the top of the window.  Now do C-s the C-s C-s...

This successfully visits occurrences of "the", and if there are enough of them
then it scrolls the window to do this.  Now hit C-g to exit Isearch.

Point is moved back to its starting position (good).  But now that position,
instead of being near the window top, is in the center of the window.
`goto-char' has, in effect, recentered the point in the window.

To me, this is a misfeature.  I would much rather have the original window
position, as well as point, restored.  That is, I would rather see the cursor in
the same relative window location as it was before searching.

Is there some advantage of the current behavior that I'm missing?  Am I the only
one who thinks that restoring the window position along with point would be
better?