Re: please review bug #13141

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: please review bug #13141
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:51:08 +0800

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:40:32 -0800
"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Users do not _need_ to bother with `send-mail-function',
> `sendmail-query-once',
> automatic saving of customized values, or any of the rest.

Yes, they can just use C-c m to copy text to their preferred mail program.

> And we
> neglect to simply mention the simpler case at all: just send an email to
> address@hidden  (We mention that possibility in the manual, but not in
> the `report-emacs-bug' instructions.)

The instructions in `report-emacs-bug' are:

Type C-c TAB to visit in Info the Emacs Manual section about when and how to
write a bug report, and what information you should include to help fix the bug.

I think many users (including new users) will see the Info, although some of
them will not read it from the beginning to the end.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao