Re: read_char() does not detect, handle special-event-map buffer changes

From: Derek Upham
Subject: Re: read_char() does not detect, handle special-event-map buffer changes
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 06:50:09 -0800

Here's an even smaller repro case.  Eval the following in an Emacs
instance:

    (defun sigusr1-handler ()
      (interactive)
      (let* ((buf (get-buffer-create "*foo*")))
        (with-current-buffer buf
          (let ((inhibit-read-only t))
            (erase-buffer)
            (insert "foo foo foo\n")
            (switch-to-buffer buf)
            (goto-char (point-min)))
          (view-mode))))

    (define-key special-event-map [sigusr1] 'sigusr1-handler)

Then run

    sleep 5; kill -USR1 $EMACS_PID

in a separate terminal.  Move focus back to Emacs before the signal goes
out.  Hit `q' in the new buffer and Emacs will complain about "*foo*"
being read-only.  The second time you hit `q', Emacs will exit view mode
and bury the buffer.

Derek

--
Derek Upham