Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111840: Port documentation to Texinfo 5.0.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111840: Port documentation to Texinfo 5.0.
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:12:12 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>,  Michael Albinus <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:29:22 -0500
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > I think the best way to fix this would be to introduce several macros,
> > one each for every number of non-empty arguments, and then use each
> > one as needed.  A bit less convenient, perhaps, but much more
> > straightforward.
>
> If it turns out to needs a non-trivial fix like this, I think it can go
> in trunk only.

The fix, if it is accepted, involves changing some of the calls to
trampfn into calls to on of 2 or 3 other (new) macros.  I don't see
anything non-trivial here, certainly not something that could
potentially destabilize the branch.  But it's your call.

> The manuals are pre-built in the release tarfile, so it's
> not a big deal if one doesn't build with the latest Texinfo.

This argument goes both ways: since they are pre-built, any problems
with the non-trivial fix will be solved before the release is tarred.
The advantage is that users can modify the manual and still produce
the Info files.