Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 01:29:42 -0400

Paul Eggert wrote:

> Doesn't add much: 0.9 seconds in one test run, and that's probably at
> the noise level. But regardless of speed it's better to avoid the
> complexity of Autoconf and stick to straightforward C code when it's
> easy to do so, as it is here.

It would be surprising if it weren't noise, since a few more if/elses
here and there shouldn't make any measurable difference. I don't think
Eli should feel any obligation to redo his work in a different style to
the vast majority of the existing auto-configuration stuff before
installing it. If he or anyone else wants to, by all means let's try and
speed up configure as an independent project though.