Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 09:44:16 +0200

> I can not test the Cygwin build, but in Emacs for Windows, what Emacs
> considers a "maximized" or a "fullscreen" frame is not really a
> maximized frame (window manager style, I mean). If I maximize
> (wm-style) a frame and exit Emacs, when I restart it I get a frame of
> the same size, but neither maximized.nor in the same exact location.

I think at some point of time we virtually do get a maximized frame but
setting some other frame parameter (like the scrollbar or the size
itself) spoils it later on.  We will have to inspect the order how
parameters get evaluated - the mixture of initial and default parameters
is sufficient pain in this regard already - and maybe find a better one.

martin