Re: CommonLisp namespace system

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Re: CommonLisp namespace system
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 22:46:11 +0200

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:
> Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:
>> That said, it would be better to change the terminology for
>> package.el - e.g., when we introduce CL-style "packages".
> Sadly, no one is offering to do that. [...]  Of course, I would be
> very happy if you, or someone else, built a proper CommonLisp
> namespacing system in Emacs. Then I wouldn't even have to implement
> my lesser proposal.

I have a rather complete implementation of CL packages written in
Emacs Lisp.

It's not intended for use with Emacs Lisp programs, but for CL
programs running in Emacs.  Also its own definitions lacks customary
prefixes.  And it somewhat crudely uses of a hash table to store the
symbol-package mapping.  Etc, etc.

I would be intersting in bringing it up to shape for inclusion in
Emacs, if there is any interest.

Most of the code can be seen here:
http://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/emacs-cl/blob/master/src/cl-packages.el
http://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/emacs-cl/blob/master/src/cl-symbols.el