Re: managing windows in two frames

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: managing windows in two frames
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:19:20 -0500

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> We first have to handle the case where `display-buffer' pops up a
> *Completions* window (which might pop up a *Backtrace* window ...).  I
> yet have no good idea how to do that.

If those buffers pop up in the same place that the user's requested
buffer does, so they are replaced by the user buffer, that's consistent
with what the user requested.

So the display-buffer settings for the user's requested buffer should
apply to any intermediate buffers as well.

But I don't remember encountering that use case, so maybe I'm wrong.

--
-- Stephe