Re: windows build failure

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: windows build failure
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:23:51 +0300

> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:56:31 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> I guess he's using the latest released versions (mingwrt-4.0), because
> his error is the same I already reported:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-08/msg00726.html

Maybe so, but without seeing the config.log portions that are relevant
to the gettimeofday tests, it is impossible to say what went wrong.

And if Sean does use version 4.0, he's in for much more trouble than
this one.

MINGW RUNTIME VERSION 4 IS BINARY INCOMPATIBLE WITH EVERY IMAGE AND
OTHER 3RD PARTY LIBRARY OUT THERE!  DO NOT USE IT IF YOU CARE ABOUT
YOUR EMACS AND ABOUT YOUR SANITY!  (Or rebuild every library yourself
with this new runtime.)