Re: Rectangular regions

From: Jay Finger
Subject: Re: Rectangular regions
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:12:34 -0700

> or 'C-M-SPC'.

Overriding mark-sexp?

Yes, IMO.  I can imagine this list has a preponderance of people that would miss the binding, though.  Personally, even though I have always written more elisp than the people immediately around me, I'm a C/C++ programmer, and mark-sexp doesn't do anything intuitively useful for me in c++-mode, so I've never internalized it.

Even though I voted for C-x SPC, I would miss gud-break.  Lots of muscle memory around that, although not as much as Alt-Space. I suppose the M-[ and M-] suggstions aren't so bad.

Oooh.  s-SPC is free.  I shall bind it to s-SPC in my own .emacs anyhow.