Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 18:27:58 +0100

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Are you aware of any CVS conversion artifacts that should be cleaned
> up?

I did a lot of cleanup when I converted the old CVS repository to bzr.
That included stitching in sources of history in other repositories
(even some tla archives), creating merge commits where the commit
message would indicate, removing dummy commits that were created by CVS
due to files appearing on branches.

> I'm thinking of, in particular:
>
> 1. Unmerged commit cliques.

I don't know what that means.

> 2. Out-of-place release tags.

I think I fixed them all up.

> 3. Fossil CVS commit references in commit comments.

I didn't change any of the commit comments, on purpose.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden