Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:10:13 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:
 > > I don't see why this can't be a project convention, perhaps using
 > > .git/GIT_EDITMSG as Eli suggests.
 >
 > I'd like Emacs to support it for all projects.

And?  I don't see a problem:

  (setq vc-message-file (format (vc-message-file-fmt vc-backend)
                                project-root))

with the "obvious" (== I'm in a hurry, ask me if not) semantics for
`vc-message-file' and `vc-message-file-fmt' (and don't shoot me if
there are obviously better ways to implement it in vc.el or
add-log.el, just do it! ;-)