Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:50:50 +0100

Tom writes:
> David Engster <deng <at> randomsample.de> writes:
>
>> For Java? Never, unless someone seriously starts working on it. However,
>> your statement that it is futile in the first place will surely not
>> attract anybody, so please don't make such claims.
>
> My point was that much more can be gained with much less work by
> working on interface packages than natively reimplementing these
> features.

Maybe. I've did my fair share in writing interfaces to external
binaries, and found it to be mostly frustrating. But anyway: people will
work on whatever they want to work on. I for one have no interest in
leaving all the actually rewarding and interesting work to an external
binary. Where's the fun in that?

-David