Re: Changing user agent on eww [OT]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Changing user agent on eww [OT]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:13:27 -0500

> If you have the same IP address each time, they will know anyway that
> it is you.

As soon as we switch to IPv6, that's true.  But for now, I often share
(at the same time) a single IPv4 address with various people.

> However, if you change the user agent every time the IP address changes,
> that will do more good.  But you need to vary among user agent strings
> which are themselves fairly common.

The idea is to completely give up on the idea of "blending into the
mass", since header-finger-printing lets them distinguish individuals
among the mass anyway.  So instead your user-agent string will be unique
(instead of common), but you'll never reuse the same one.

        Stefan