Re: Changing user agent on eww [OT]

From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: Changing user agent on eww [OT]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 14:47:22 +0100

> We will need to change our IPv6 addresses, not stick with the same one.

FYI, changing the source IPv6 address for outgoing connections is
foreseen as a host-level privacy mechanism, see RFC 4941.  A typical
OS implementation is to change the address roughly every 24 hours.  I
think this has been the default on Windows for several years; it can
also be enabled on GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, but I'm not sure it's the
default.

So at least a basic level of address-changing can be achieved
relatively easily using today's OSes.
--
Simon.