Re: Doc View Page Problems

From: Ian D
Subject: Re: Doc View Page Problems
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:06:01 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> P.S.  I apologize if the bug mailing list would have been the
>> appropriate mailing list to which to send this.
>
>It would have worked as well, maybe even better.

        Noted.  I will remember that for next time.

> Could you provide a ChangeLog entry for that change?  Are we sure
> (image-mode-window-get 'page t) can't return nil?

        I put the ChangeLog entry at the end of this email.  The first
        thing that DocView does when it opens a file is adds the default
        configuration to image-mode-winprop-alist.  image-mode won't
        remove it, since the key is `t'.  That means that
        (image-mode-window-get 'page t) will always return something,
        unless the user has specifically removed it.

>>      (setf (doc-view-current-page) page
>> +          (image-mode-window-get 'page t) page      ;; Update the default
>> page.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to do that directly inside image-mode-window-put?
>

>         Stefan

        I used `image-mode-window-get' because that was what was being
        used through most of the document (including the line above
        it).  It could just as easily be (image-mode-window-put 'page
        page t).

Ian D

ChangeLog entry:

2014-04-16  Ian Dunn <address@hidden>

        * doc-view.el (doc-view-new-window-function): If no window
        exists, move to the last known page.
        (doc-view-goto-page): Updates the page of the default window
        configuration.