Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:11:43 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Please, no. I think flyspell is too intrusive to be enabled by default.
>
> Maybe that's something we should fix, then.  But nowadays I consider it
> "standard" to do basic spell-checking on-the-fly, in any "text editing
> area".

I, too, consider that it'd be normal to have Ispelling enabled by
default.

The only error I have with Flyspell (with Aspell) is that, in French,
such a correct sentence:

Peut-on avoir un tiret entre deux mots ?
(May we have a dash between two words?)

gets underlined at "Peut-on" -- while a dash must be inserted in the
interrogation style, when we invert the verb and the subject.

Though, I'm quite positive it can be fixed with some Emacs settings,
even if I did not find them yet ;-)

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- Similarly, I remember that Ispell did not recognize compound words
    with apostrophes in them (for example, "l'avion" -- the
    plane)... but that one was solved by switching to Aspell.

--
Sebastien Vauban