Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e820f16: Added file-tree-walk to files.el.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e820f16: Added file-tree-walk to files.el.
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:21:45 -0800

On 12/03/2014 10:36 AM, Tom wrote:
Just add a script which checks the commit message and if there
is no proper changeLog-formatted entry in the commit message then
it rejects the commit.

We already have such scripts in build-aux/git-hooks/*, which I wrote recently and which are installed in .git/hooks when you run autogen.sh. I made them reasonably permissive, since I figured that people would have enough trouble with the bzr-to-git transition that they wouldn't appreciate nagging about ChangeLog format too. Also, the hooks are optional, in the sense that not everybody runs autogen.sh, or it may be a while before they run autogen.sh, or perhaps they commit in some way that bypasses the hooks. At some point I suppose we could tighten up the hooks and make them less easy to bypass..