Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e820f16: Added file-tree-walk to files.el.

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e820f16: Added file-tree-walk to files.el.
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 21:28:58 +0100

Eric S. Raymond writes:
> David Engster <address@hidden>:
>>                                    BTW, when you write "found in the
>> Emacswiki", you surely mean you put it there in the first place, right?
>> Because otherwise you couldn't really add it to Emacs under your name.
>
> I thought the point of the cookbook was to make code free for re-use.
> I have no idea who wrote that one, and don't see how it matters.

I thought it matters because of copyright. But if no one else cares, I
certainly won't make a fuzz about it. It will make my life easier as
well: if a contributor does not want to go through this tedious paper
signing process, he can simply put in on a wiki page, and I can then
take it from there.

-David